RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Phil Ethier wrote:
> Unless I've missed something (been a while since I saw the rules),
> you've missed something.
>
> For example, my car to be legal in AP in SCCA Solo2 needs to have
> either the stock Solex carb (unbelievably bad piece of work) or a
> 45DCOE side-draft Weber/Delorto.

With the new AP rules, I don't think any of that applies, but I could be
wrong.

In any event my point was that "limited" is a pretty harsh term.  Prepared
(at least CP, which I'm familier with) specs a particular type of carb,
but that's it.  You can still modify that carb, etc.  This is very
different from how SP "limits" engine internals, where you can't do
anything.

Mark