RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:48:11 GMT
>Prepared, unless I've missed something, doesn't limit intake explicitly.

Unless I've missed something (been a while since I saw the rules), you've missed
something.

For example, my car to be legal in AP in SCCA Solo2 needs to have either the
stock Solex carb (unbelievably bad piece of work) or a 45DCOE side-draft
Weber/Delorto.
 Downdraft Webers need not apply.  Neither can I use any of a number of
different
carbs or fuel injection.  Quite by accident, I actually do have a 45DCOE Weber
which was there when I bought the car.

In ASP, I may use any carb or FI I like, although my present setup would be
protest bait since a coolant hose needed to be rerouted to make room for the
Weber.

It was my understanding that similar intake prescriptions existed for other
cars in Prepared classes.

It's all pretty academic for me personally, since the SCCA region does not run
Solo2 events in my town.

Phil Ethier
Lotus Europa

Phil Ethier