Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:40:37 -0500
Heh, heh, fun numbers to play with but apples & oranges.

CP cars are mostly GT1 cars. BP too.

DP and FP, some EP, cars are mostly Production cars.

AP has become "Mod Light."

What IMHO is becoming a major problem in the Prepared classes is that
"Prepared" is not a specific ruleset of what you can do to a car.

In Stock, you can do A, B and C to the car, regardless of whether it is SS
or HS. In SP you can do X, Y and Z to a car, regardless of whether it is ASP
or FSP.

In Prep now, you have one set of rules for AP, another for BP/CP and most of
EP (but some in CP want their own distinct rules), still another for DP and
FP with a few EPs also there.

Damn! We might as well run Modified, where the confusion factor would almost
be the same except it is a little easier to distinguish these rules for
Formula, those for SportsRacing, and that for Production-based.

--Rocky