Re: SVRA Points

To: alder_rj@ix.netcom.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SVRA Points
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 23:00:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/99 11:09:39 AM, alder_rj@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<We've found it is better to simply let everyone know the broad
perimeters of acceptable behavior and then make damn sure that the
stewarding  process is highly visible, consistent, very prompt, and
publicized.  And the standards are very simple - Aggressive driving, winning
at all costs, taking chances, and car damage simply can't be tolerated.
There's no preventative measure like seeing your fellow racer sanctioned for
something that your yourself can only mutter, "There, but for the grace of
God, go I.">>

    Sure the points system is somewhat subjective.  But the system it
replaces was event more subjective.  I've had the sense from some e-mails
that the SVRA point system is new.  It is NOT new, it has been around for
some time.
    I DO agree with the idea of very public censuring of drivers involved in
incidents.  If we keep it all secret, too many will continue on thinking
"can't/won't happen to me, I'm a safe driver"

    Doug Meis.