Re: SVRA Points

To: Bahnseye@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SVRA Points
From: DonJQueen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:14:26 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/99 1:04:23 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Bahnseye@aol.com
writes:

<< Now just for fun, let's think about just how subjectivethe words
 "overdriving", "minor",
 "medium", and "major"really are.  I guess the committee will need to decide.

 It won't be too long before the SVRA newsletter has an insert just like
 SCCA's Board of Inquiry  . . .  describing the resolution if each incident
in
 detail enough to make the Supreme Court puke!

 Maybe they'll start sending out the pace car to pull drivers over and write
 tickets. >>

Spoken like a man who has never spent his spare time at a board meeting
arguing until the wee hours about the proper penalty to be assessed to an
offending driver.
Without rules, standards and (perhaps) points, I pity the driver who has a
minor incident on a bad weekend when the board decides that things are
getting out of hand.
I applaud the SVRA point system. I'd rather know what to expect rather than
be subject to the whim of a board on a bad night.
Don Queen