Re: Poping of of 2nd gear

To: David Tedore <rw24911@deere.com>
Subject: Re: Poping of of 2nd gear
From: gwood13@stjames.k12.mo.us (G. Wood)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 21:48:38 -0500 (CDT)
>   Check the spacers between the gears on the main shaft.  Too much "play"
in the gears let's it move away from the collar engagement.
BTW, do most vintage racers use Richmond/Hewland or whatever gear boxes?
They certainly weren't available or legal in any "vintage" period.  How do
you feel about fuel injection, nitrous, and independent rear suspension on a
bugeye?
Seriously, shouldn't we have to declare a "vintage" period our car is
prepaired to and stick by those prep rules?
As I recall, part of the challenge of racing in the pre l975 era was coping
with the legal (usually stock} brakes/trannys/suspension.
If vintage accuracy is not a concern, get the kit and install a Datsun
5-speed.  It would be a lot cheaper.
Obviously, I hope yoou'll fix your cr box.  If I can help, email me.
Gary Wood           STJames, Mo.