Poping of of 2nd gear

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Poping of of 2nd gear
From: David Tedore <rw24911@deere.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 12:17:35 -0500
I bought a 64 AH sprite race car last fall. It used to be raced SCCA.
It came with a rib case close ratio gear box.

Form the get go this spring it has been poping out of 2nd gear under
power.

I've had the transmission out a couple of times. The first time I
replaced the 1st/2nd gear shift coller, because it showed a lot of wear.
Every thing else inside looks like new and shows no wear.

The next time out on the track, I had the same problem.
Pulled the thing out again and had a friend Jack Drews (Uncle Jack) look
at it. He is also baffled and suggested I try the list.

Any help would be appreciated.