Re: Poping of of 2nd gear

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Poping of of 2nd gear
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 11:56:08 -0500

Dick Rothman writes:

> Bad news, David.
>
> Those trannys are just no good for racing.

> The solution is NOT CHEAP!!  You need to go to a Richmond Instruments
> gearbox, made by Jack Mays in Richmond, CA.  It will set you back around
> $3,300.00, but the things work, and are bullet proof.

Excuse me? Not only don't some clubs allow alternative gearboxes, but people
have been running ribcases for ever... Or are just referring to some straight
cut gear sets?

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."