Re: Poping of of 2nd gear

To: David Tedore <rw24911@deere.com>
Subject: Re: Poping of of 2nd gear
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:48:24 -0400
Have you looked at or changed the 1/2 synchro hub?  As I understand gear
boxes, the three little ball bearings on the ends of the three little
springs inside the synchro hub are what keeps the transmission in gear.  the
detent balls wear the little sockets that they fit into and the fix,
assuming that the springs and balls are all there, is a new hub.  This
presumes that the thing shifts all the way into gear, and that the
clearances are right.