RE: GT6 Oil drain plug

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Oil drain plug
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:24:56 -0800
> Whilst I agree with the principal Randall, I would NOT follow your
> suggestion<G>.

Suit yourself, Ed.  I've been using Teflon pipe dope on tapered threads both on
and off cars for some 30 years and it has always worked very well for me.  Never
had a leak, never had a hard time removing a plug or fitting that I used it on.
My can says it withstands 10,000 psi on liquids from -50F to +500F.

By contrast, Permatex doesn't offer any temperature specifications at all, at
least not that I can find on their web site.

So call me old-fashioned, but I will continue to use, and recommend, what works
for me.  I'm funny that way, "IF it ain't broke, don't fix it !"

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org