Re: GT6 Oil drain plug

To: beaker211@rogers.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Oil drain plug
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:59:47 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>

...'71 GT6...drain plug...one that takes a male wrench. And I don't
have any
wrenches for this (yet). Would anyone know what size
it is?

==AM==
No clue as to size, since this does NOT sound like the original drain
plug. Normally, it would be the same plug as found on the side (filler)
of the gearbox and the differential.
==AM==

I am going to replace it with a male plug right away if I can. Can one
get those from a regular auto parts
store or are they special threads and I have to buy from the specialty
shops?

==AM===
Take the plug from the gearbox and go to a hardware or auto parts
store. It's pretty common and should be easy to match up.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org