RE: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.

To: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:13:34 -0800
> So my question is this:  If heaven forbid, I decided to part out the first
> can I easily get my money back?
>
> Yell at me if this is not appropriate for this list, but here is what I
> invested, and here is what I think I have:
>
> 1964 TR4   my cost $1200
> Overdrive trans   - not tested

It's an unfortunate truth ... most of our cars are worth more as parts than as
complete cars.  This one sounds like no exception.  A complete "untested"
4-synchro trans with OD will likely bring $500 or more on eBay.  Here's one that
sold recently for over $1000 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573268866

Of course it's a shame to see what sounds like an eminently restorable car
broken up for parts ... but it's your car.

And I can't offer you $1200 for it, even though it sounds like a bargain.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org