Re: GT6 Oil drain plug

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Oil drain plug
From: "JB@comcast" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:46:05 -0600
<<Another suggestion is to use 'Teflon' pipe dope (also available at
Home Depot) on the plug threads when installing....
<snip>
....Using dope instead of tape ensures that there are no 'threads' to
possibly get loose...>>

Whilst I agree with the principal Randall, I would NOT follow your
suggestion<G>.

I use, and recommend, Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant (Item #
59214) which is DESIGNED for said job (and others in ours LBCs).

It does appear to be essentially "pipe dope", BUT  it IS formulated for
OUR applications, i.e. automotive.

Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org