Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:11:10 EST
In a message dated 11/9/2005 6:41:50 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> Well, keeping it full reduces rust by reducing condensation in the tank.
> Even with RENU, I'd say water in the gas is a bad thing.  It's not much of a
> problem here in the almost-desert, but any time you see dew or frost on the
> grass in the morning, there's a good chance that water has condensed in your
> gas tank too (if the car is in an unheated area).  And how much condensation
> you get depends on how much air is in the tank.

If that air was exchanged every day the water would accumulate but in an evap
loss controled system the air that is in there will remain pretty much
unchanged.  Any air excahnge will be through the charcoal which will absorb
much of
the water as the air goes in (when things get cooler) and give it back up as
the air exits (as things warm up).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org