RE: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:38:07 -0800
> The  keep them full
> theroy is meant to prevent rust within the tank.   However, since
> most of the
> tanks on my restored cars are lined by the gas tank  RENU process
> that is not a
> concern for me.

Well, keeping it full reduces rust by reducing condensation in the tank.
Even with RENU, I'd say water in the gas is a bad thing.  It's not much of a
problem here in the almost-desert, but any time you see dew or frost on the
grass in the morning, there's a good chance that water has condensed in your
gas tank too (if the car is in an unheated area).  And how much condensation
you get depends on how much air is in the tank.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org