Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, tr3driver@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:57:37 EST
In a message dated 11/9/2005 10:50:30 PM Central Standard Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:
> I've never seen dew or frost in my unheated garage, so how does it get into
> the gas tank w/o getting
> in the rest of the garage?
>
> Don Malling

I have.  The concrete floor in my garage would chill down during a cold snap
and when warmer weather, and the accompanying humidity, return the floor would
sweat big time.  I attacked this issue by installing a fan that blows air
from the garage attic onto the floor which causes the floor to more closely
track
prevailing climactic conditions.  It also causes the cars to more closely
track prevailing climactic conditions.

But if your unheated garage is attached to the house you will get some
warming effect from the house in spite of the wall insulation between the two.
This
may be sufficient to prevent condensation in your garage.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org