Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:27:45 -0800
When I retire my car for the winter it goes up on jack stands.  Of
course part of the reason is because I work on it in the winter.  I
remember seeing a Playboy article years ago that recommended letting
some air out of the tires too.  Definately buying some dehumidifying
crystals at the hardware store and using them inside the car bubble
would help prevent mold and corosion.  Disconecting the battery is a
must.  Fuel stabilizer is also a good step.  It really all depends on
how far you want to go.  In the final result you can probably just park
it for 5 months and drive it off after a battery charge in the spring.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org