Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: harry15@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:17:48 EST
In a message dated 11/9/2005 7:52:38 AM Central Standard Time,
harry15@mindspring.com writes:
> Hi Friends,
> Well it's just about time for the TR6 to go into winter storage ... our
> first winter together. I'm looking for a winterization list. The car
> will be in storage from Dec - April .. 5 months .. this is painful. I
> have the "car bubble" for use in our unheated garage. Lots of questions
> .. put her up on floor jacks? Partially deflate tires?  Stabil in the
> gas tank? Etc. etc..
> Thanks in advance for any help.

I put my TR6 in a horse barn in November of 1998 and took it out in July of
1999.  All I did was change the oil, fill the tank and throw some moth crystals
in the car before throwing the car cover over the top.  In July I fired it up
and drove it home.

5 months is nothing but disconnect the battery.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org