Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, harry15@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the TR6 ... distilled wisdom please
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:24:50 EST
In a message dated 11/9/2005 9:43:04 AM Central Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:
> I have used fuel stabilizer and I used to fill up the
> tanks.  However, I have switched to running most of the gas out of them now
> because they like to run like crap the following spring with the old gas.

Any car with an intact evaporation control system (unvented tank and charcoal
canister) will keep the gas fresh for 5 months.  Heck, I've started a TR6 on
three your old gas.  The battery was dead and the carbs leaked like sprinklers
but it ran fine.  If you are storing a TR3 for 5 months I'd consider stabil
or something like that but I store my mower for about that long with no
problems.

Dave