Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, E Klos <chevynova@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel
From: Bruce Robertson <mrmomo.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:32:05 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: kmr@pil.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
> > Also, how
> > the hell is anyone gonna know that I am running
> the race fuel in my street
> > car?

  FWIW I believe that someone mentioned that there is
a stain in race fuel, if this is true, then it is the
same idea as the stain used in heavy equipment Diesel
fuel, (when I was living in northern ontario where
there is a lot of logging) if you are caught using
this diesel in a street vehicle (as it permanently
stains your gas tank and fuel lines and engine) you
are fined on a per Kilometer basis, according to your
odometer. They don't  know how long you have been
running it for so they charge you as if you have
always been running it.  A friend of mine worked for a
trucking company and one of the other employees got
caught using it in his truck, and was fined something
on the order of $100/Km Even for one tank, that adds
up pretty quick, so imagine what that would cost you
on a 5yr old truck with say...75,000km.... Also, the
Ministry of transportation (M.T.O.) can pull you over
at any time if they suspect that you are running this
fuel. So I would assume that it would be similar in
the U.S. with the D.O.T.

Hope this helps and convinces you that it's not worth
the extra 5Hp.

=====
Bruce Robertson "MrMomo"
1991 Custom F350 Dually flatbed
1990 Rio Red Honda CRX DX
1966 B.R.Green Triumph TR4A
"If more is better, too much is never enough"-ec