Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel
From: "E Klos" <chevynova@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:40:49 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Now I need to point out the part about "not for highway use" or whatever
> the warning says - they aren't kidding. Please please please don't use
this
> fuel for on-road driving. It is illegal in all 50 US states, as far as I

I've heard this before, what is the basis for the law?  Is it just the same
as the cheap kerosene, in that it hasn't been taxed for road use?  Also, how
the hell is anyone gonna know that I am running the race fuel in my street
car?  I've run it in my truck a couple times out of curiosity, didn't do
much but drain my wallet faster.  Is a cop really gonna crack open my carb
bowls to look?

Eric Klos   Metro Detroit area, Michigan
1989 Saab 900-usually daily driver, currently in storage with bad trans