3a upper wishbone questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a upper wishbone questions
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
Lots of front suspension questions lately.
I have assembled an upper wishbone using Prothane bushings. The red looks very
good against the black.
Two questions arise:

1. I have tightened down the castle nuts and pinned them, but when I move the
wishbone up and down, the washers AND the castle nuts want to rotate. I did
apply the supplied bushing grease. Being concerned that the constant rocking
would eventually break off the cotter pin, I put Loctite 242 (blue) on the
threads and after waiting a reasonable time, tried rocking the wishbone up and
down again. The nuts still move against the cotter pin. Any advice? I could
move up to 262 (red) but am I overlooking something else perhaps? and part b)
to this question is just how tight should things be up there? (Like maybe this
Prothane material wants to be torqued upon a little differently than the
original rubber?)

2. Despite the grease, they SQUEAK. Should I use white lithium (the grease, not
the pills), or bearing grease, or something else, instead?

Thanks,
Jim