Fuel shut-off installed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel shut-off installed
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:49:58 -0600
If your filter has insufficient flow capacity you will "run out of gas".
Under hard acceleration or attempts at high speed you will simply run out of
power once the float-bowls have been drained.

Brian:

The reason that your lawn tractor fuel filter is small is that it is
designed for a 16 Hp motor, not a car engine. I guess you got lucky that it
flows enough to fill the carbs when running. However once it gets a little
dirty, you might start starving out your engine. I have no idea how to check
the level in the carb bowls when underway, but it might be interesting to
see what happens under acceleration.