Re: Brake frustrations

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Brake frustrations
From: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:42:14 -0400
Cc: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew,
I'll admit you are correct on the first point, My mistake.
Ego defensive position on.
However, I did NOT state ">Again, you don't create a leak when the PDWA
shifts." I stated that when you BLEED the brakes I most often shift the
PDWA. I agree with you that it is difficult to bleed the brakes without
shifting
it again.
I understand you are one of the high Guru's of Triumph on the list but
please read what I said not what you think I said.
Ego defensive position off. Please don't take offense, I still value your
advice.
Andy
p.s. I don't find it that hard to re-center.

On 05/01/98 12:08 PM Andrew Mace said...

>On Fri, 1 May 1998, Andrew Dixon wrote:
>
>> On the topic of the PDWA, I firmly believe one should go through the
>> centering technique whichever method one uses. It's purpose is to shift
>> braking power from a leak in the front or rear.
>
>Well, no, not really. The Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (Warning
>being the keyword here) only serves to indicate a problem in the system.
>If there is any "fail-safe" at all in the braking system relative to
>shifting braking power from a leak, that would be in the dual master
>cylinder (I think that is what the "tipping valve" does.)
>
>> When you bleed the brakes
>> you create a leak and I've found any method causes the PDWA to shift.
>
>Again, you don't create a leak when the PDWA shifts. All you do is
>activate the warning light circuit by means of a mechanical shift of bits
>within the PDWA. Perfectly normal brakes can be experienced with the
PDWA