Brake frustrations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake frustrations
From: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 08:52:22 -0400
Hi everyone,

Still having problems with my brakes.  At this point I think it is the speed
bleeders I'll replace with mormal bleeders and try again just to make sure.
Here is the scenario>

Had a mushy pedal that went to the florr and barely stopped the car.  Bled
brakes with speed bleeder nipples to no avail.  Figured that I M/C must be
shot.  Bought a new one, installed it(without having to remove all mounting
bracket or bleeding the clutch slave).  Re-bled the brakes and only a little
better.

I'm lost.  The only thing I'm thinking it could be is air in the system.  I'm
not losing any fluid anywhere.  I feel like I'm very close just not there yet.

The M/C is that of a TR3 but is now in my TR4.  It is a ,70 bore.  I see no
reason why it would not be useable.

Any help is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4

P.S.  I did not bench bleed the M/C but pumped enough fluid through it during
the normal brake bleeding  process to have removed the need tfor the bench
bleeding