Re: Brake frustrations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake frustrations
From: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 18:34:53 -0400
Cc: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>, "Dennis F. Kimberlin" <dkimberl@ops.org>
I was so frustrated the last time I did this I disconnected the plug from the
sensor, carefully unscrewed the sensor, centered the plunger/slider put in a
few drops of brake fluid, and put the sensor back in then reconnected the
plug. Worked fine.
Andy

On 05/01/98 05:16 PM Dennis F. Kimberlin said...

>Andrew Mace wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 May 1998, Andrew Dixon wrote:
>>
>> > On the topic of the PDWA, I firmly believe one should go through the
>> > centering technique whichever method one uses. It's purpose is to
shift
>> > braking power from a leak in the front or rear.
>>
>> Well, no, not really. The Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (Warning
>> being the keyword here) only serves to indicate a problem in the system.
>> If there is any "fail-safe" at all in the braking system relative to
>> shifting braking power from a leak, that would be in the dual master
>> cylinder (I think that is what the "tipping valve" does.)
>>
>> > When you bleed the brakes
>> > you create a leak and I've found any method causes the PDWA to shift.
>>
>> Again, you don't create a leak when the PDWA shifts. All you do is
>> activate the warning light circuit by means of a mechanical shift of bits
>> within the PDWA. Perfectly normal brakes can be experienced with the
PDWA