Re: Brake frustrations

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Brake frustrations
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 07:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Alan Camhi wrote:

> P.S.  I did not bench bleed the M/C but pumped enough fluid through it during
>the normal brake bleeding  process to have removed the need tfor the bench
>bleeding

I think you have a bubble trapped somewhere.  Does the pedal harden up
after you pump it a lot?

(If not, then try adjusting the rear brakes)

If so, there IS air in there somewhere.  2 things to do:

1. wrap a rag around each fitting, pressurize system, open the flare nut
a wee bit until you see fluid leak out.  Close, wipe off and proceed to
next fitting.

2. "Slow Bleed" by pumping up the system and bracing the pedal *down* (ie,
foot always on it) with a hunk of lumber.  Let it sit overnight, check
again in the morning.

#2 is a previous list suggestion.  It worked fairly good for me.