Re: Re; Missing TR6

To: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Re; Missing TR6
From: James Tschaikowsky <jamest@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:48:40 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Peter:

I had a similar experience, where my TR would run quite well until it got hot,
once
it got hot and I mean "hot" (exhaust manifold glowing a dull red), she would
hardly
run at all. Even when she was reasonably cold I had very little power until
about
2500 RPM.

My problem turned out to be timing: I had recently changed my timing chain and
either failed to get the two cams lined up properly, (silly boy!), or maybe I
had
the timing set on the wrong end of the timing marks scale; (O' wouldn't it be
nice
if the camshaft pulley had timing marks marked - and + . Once I had experimented
somewhat, the beast ran (and still does) like a dream.

Hope this helps

James Tschaikowsky

'76 TR6