RE: oil pressure / starting a car

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: oil pressure / starting a car
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:50:20 -0700

Perhaps I am missing something here...

If you disconnect the ignition but still crank the motor until you get
oil pressure, what is the difference than if you had started the motor
in the first place? (Assuming the car is reliable enough to start when
required of course). Are not all the same parts moving regardless if the
car is running or not?

Like I said... maybe I am missing the obvious but I just have to ask
this. (I am not afraid...)

Thanks for any clarification,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)