Import why ??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Import why ??
From: "Neil Penberthy" <neil@liant.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:53:44 -0600
A few have questioned why I'd bring a rusty LBC from the UK to sunny
Texas. Let me explain:

I bought this car when I was 16, 1 year prior to the age you can
drive in the UK, as a project to complete for the day I was allowed
to drive. I paid 175 UK sterling. It need a tune up and a
transmission, but my father was able to drive it the 15 miles home.
I susequently sold the car - twice and bought it twice more also.....
This car has been rebuilt totally from the groung up (literally), and
when we last re-purchased it my wife and I decided we would not sell
it again. When the descision to move Texas was made we decided to
bring it too !! No not a financially justifiable choice, but is that
what LBCs are for ?? ( Not in my garage anyway !)

Texas has been good for the Triumph. All (almost) the hydraulic seals
have had to be replaced, I suspect the hotter climate. I have fitted
an oil cooler as these are not fitted to UK models. No cooliing
problems, which was my main concern.

Texas rust - I've seen more of the paint burned off surface type than the
serious salt induced body rot UK style.

Regards

Neil

Neil Penberthy