RE: oil pressure / starting a car

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: oil pressure / starting a car
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:36:51 +1000
At 2:50 AM +1000 18/2/98, Peter Zaborski wrote:
> [...]

I do much the same thing, by leaving the choke in and turning the engine
over on the starter for about five seconds, before starting the engine.
Sometimes it fires cold, but mostly it will not fire until the choke is out.

My intention is to move some oil around the engine before it fires.  A few
seconds on the starter should be much slower and gentler than when the
engine fires and abruptly leaps to 1300 rpm before the oil is circulating
properly.

When I fit a spin-on oil filter it may be less important to do this before
starting.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U