Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 14:22:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello everyone:

I think the author of the original post is lost somewhere in the last few
messages however here are a few automatic-equipped cars which used
variations of the B-W trans which would probably be easier to adapt to a
Spit.  The cars I am referring to are dated in the sixties/seventies.

Volvo, Austin/Morris rear-wheel drive,MGB (rare), Jaguar, Rootes
Group/Chrysler, Brit Ford and Brit GM.  A real possibility is to examine
rear-wheel drive Japanese cars which used automatics.  Don't overlook GM
and Ford small car automatics such as Pintos, Vegas and Chevettes.  The
junk yards are full of these things.  Get a tape measure, a pair of
coveralls and a jackall.  Have fun.  I'd replace the clutch and fix the
tranny that's in there, unless you must have an automatic-equipped vehicle
specifically.  If so, I think a Spit might a difficult choice.

John McEwen