Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:59:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Waradime <Waradime@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> The Ford Cortina also uses a Borg-Warner model 35, if this IS the thing
> you're looking for.
>
> But it may not have a similar bellhousing.  Just a guess.

Actually, lots of imports and domestic cars used the venerable B-W 35 and
variants: Volvo comes to mind, as does AMC/Rambler. I'd suggested the
Triumph 2000 sedan as a donor, as the engine is very similar to the GT6,
thereby reducing somewhat the need to fabricate between engine and
gearbox. From there back, I'd expect it would still be a struggle to
shoe-horn this all into a GT6 (mounts, linkages, prop. shaft mating,
etc.), but....

--Andy