Re: TR6 Ignition timing, more questions

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Ignition timing, more questions
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:21:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:
> I currently have my vaccuum retard line connected.
> The problem I have with this motor is that the only
> way I can get it to idle at the proper rpms is to retard the timing.  That
> is, set the timing at 4 ATDC like the book says.  Needless to say, the
> power at this setting is quite poor.

   Remember that if you are timing at idle, the vacuum retard
is fully working. The timing of 4ATDC isn't as absurd as it
seems, because when you touch the throttle to accelerate
and the manifold vacuum plummets, the retard backs off and
you get back into "normal" range.

   Try plugging the vacuum line, setting to 10BTDC, then hooking
up the line again and seeing where that leaves you.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada