Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission

To: Waradime@aol.com
Subject: Re: on a mission for an automatic transmission
From: Rod Randle <randle@Concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:06:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> > yes that's right, one and all, i am looking for some type of transmission
>that
> > will bolt right into my 70 gt6+ mkII with no modifications *(or at least as
> > few as possible).
> >                                    1.  AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

A couple years back I owned a Opel that had an automatic transmission.
The tranny was a Borg-Warner.  One thought is if the existing manual
transmission on the gt6 has a removable bell housing then maybe it could
be mounted on the Opel tranny which does have a removable bell housing,
at least the one I had did.  The year of the Opel was an early 70's
model.  This was one of the toughest tranny's I have had.  It was a very
fun car.

--
Rod Randle
'78 Spit FM77880U