Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:13:42 -0500
I probably could have mentioned that. I replaced the original hose with
a slightly longer one, and it's got a QD fitting at the end. I fill it
with a double male connector from the compressor.

I'm pretty sure the QD fitting leaks, since all the rest of mine leak
somewhat, too. The twist valve on mine never shut fully off (I think),
allowing air to leak past the QD fitting, hence the ball valve.

I didn't like the Schrader valve or the plastic twist on/off so I was
happy to just ax the whole thing. I was just surprised I couldn't find a
1/2" male--1/8" (or 1/4", I can buy a new pressure gauge) female--1/2"
male t-fitting.

I'll screw the 1/2" male into the tank, the other 1/2" male into the
ball valve (and the hose into the other side of that), and the pressure
gauge into the 1/4" or 1/8" female fitting.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums