Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings

To: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:16:24 +0000 (UTC)
I fitted a ball-valve and QD connector to my tank and just left the flimsy
screw-valve open. Both the ball-valve and QD connector leak, so the tank still
bleeds down slowly. Anyone have any luck with ball-valves? Granted, mine's a
cheapie from a HF kit, but still ...

It'd be nice to find a solution; often, I have to fire up the compressor just
to fill the portable tank (kinda defeats the purpose of the portable, but it's
still worth if for the portability and not having to stretch the hoses out).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA