[Shop-talk] Air tank fittings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 23:28:33 -0500
I have the H-F 11-gallon steel air tank. It always bled down in about a
day, which I attributed to the little plastic twist on/off valve/fitting.

So...$35 of brass from Lowes later, I have replicated the original brass
fitting, and added a 1/2" gas shut off valve.

I bought:

1/2" male to 1/2" male adapter (tank 'in')
1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2" female t-fitting
1/2" male to 1/8" female bushing (for the pressure gauge output)
1/2" male to 1/2" male adapter (another one) to connect the t-fitting to
the shut-off valve
1/2" female to 1/2" female gas shut-off valve
1/2" male to 1/4" female bushing (the hose 'out')

That's a lot of work to replicate the original H-F part.  I was thinking
I'd just return those parts and buy a new...what?  I am admittedly not a
great Boolean searcher, but I can't find anything like this on McMaster
or anywhere else.  Surely this is just because I suck at the internet,
right?

Thanks.

Scott

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums