Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:50:02 -0500
I thought about doing that, but I thought the original fitting itself
was a little suspect, and I wanted to get rid of it if I could.

I've had good luck with gas (and non-gas) ball valves from hardware stores.

I'm doing this for the same reason you mentioned--having to have the
tank more-or-less permanently connected to an air supply to ensure it
stays at a reasonable pressure makes it less useful.  I'd like it to
hold its pressure for a least a few days if I'm away from the
compressor.  As it is now, I get less than a day.  That means the tank
can't ever leave the house.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums