Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air tank fittings
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:55:02 -0500 (EST)
Not sure if this is in line with this thread but I have an urpright
portercable compressor that has been a good unit. I wish I had bought a
two stage, but at the time, I didn't know I would need one. Anyway, the
drain at the bottom was such that with the take mounted to the floor
"correctly" I could not get my hand or a wrench under the tank to drain
the water. I ended up raising the tank about three inches using square
steel tubing. I then removed the original screw type drain valve and
replace is with a piece of flexible pressure hose and a ball valve on
the end for easy draining. My tank has never bled out in the five years
I have had it--as long as I close the ball valve I installed at the air
outlet on the top of the tank. The filttings around my drier, regulator,
etc are another story....

Tim