Re: [Shop-talk] Insulating a garage door

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Insulating a garage door
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:31:15 -0600
I didn't see the original post, but I did just that. Since the  door
panels have lips on them I couldn't get a full sheet into the door, so I
cut 1/2" foam diagonally and put it in. The second 1/2" layer was put in
with the cuts not lining up.

One thing I haven't done is to replace the torsion spring on the door.
The few pounds of insulation on my 10'x12' door makes it hard to lift at
the bottom and once it is up past half way,it opens itself.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake David C., On 1/21/2012 10:39 PM: