Re: TC Wanted

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TC Wanted
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:11:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, British Sportscar Center wrote to Chip Old and...:

> But I still stick to my main point which was that we in the hobby and
> in the trade need to discourage the spread of the belief that T-types
> are not worth a whole lot of money. Rather, we should encourage people
> to try and get as much for them as possible.
> [snip]

I agree, Lawrie, but on the other hand I don't want potential sellers to
have unrealistic expectations.  I've seen too many hurt feelings, temper
tantrums, etc on the part of owners who expected to recoup full
restoration cost but could not.  The final selling price will always be
driven by the buyer's willingness to pay.  If you've spent $40,000 to
restore the car and expect to get at least that much out of it, then it
may take a very long time to sell the car.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E