Re: TC Wanted

To: bharkins@tfb.com (Bill Harkins)
Subject: Re: TC Wanted
From: hineline@helix.ucsd.edu (Mark Hineline)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
> It is not difficult to have $10,000 in parts, materials and chrome plating
> for a TC project and I would dearly to see how that comes out of a lathe,
> and forge and a foundry! :)

You've confused me now. I will give you the chrome plating, but that's
about all.

Back in Maine I knew a machinist who retired from Bath Iron Works and
bought up most of the shop to take with him, because he was the only one
who knew how the machines worked! Built his own shop and had erratic
hours. Most of the time he was fishing. But this guy was a miracle
worker. I have no doubt -- none at all -- that he could rebuild a car
without buying a single part -- except for rubber.

Mark Hineline
In San Diego, where everything comes shrinkwrapped