Re: TC Wanted

To: "Chip Old" <fold@bcpl.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TC Wanted
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:59:41 -0700
No argument from this corner, Chip!

But I still stick to my main point which was that we in the hobby and in the
trade need to discourage the spread of the belief that T-types are not worth
a whole lot of money. Rather, we should encourage people to try and get as
much for them as possible. We already have a fading market place, as the
people who longed to own these cars when they were young become too old to
enjoy driving them, and the interest in MG ownership is moving forward to
MGBs. (And, let's be honest, an MGB is infinitely more practical than a
T-type!)

So, to maintain the interest and enthusiasm for T-types, I believe we have
to support the proper restoration of these cars so that they are as drivable
as possible, and encourage people to believe that by so doing they are
spending money in a relatively sensible manner. Maintaining the resale
values as high as possible by not broadcasting that "you'll never get more
than a fraction of your invrestment back because the cars aren't worth very
much" seems, to me, a logical place to start.

Lawrie
BSC