Re: J2 Xmas Presents

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: J2 Xmas Presents
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:12:27 +1100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bob

I think that provision for a water pump would be very wise if you're
supercharging. Having said that, I wouldn't expect an #unblown# car to have
a problem, especially in your relatively cool climate.

Our (unblown) J2 has never overheated while moving. However, after about 70
miles fast run down the Pacific Highway on a pretty warm day, we tailed onto
a long queue at road works and this was the extreme test. We crawled for
some way, with the heater turned on as a gesture to extra cooling, and the
needle steady at 100deg C. Must have been just on the verge of boiling.

Our car has a PA engine and I brought a pump with the car from UK, just in
case: as yet, I havn't had a need to fit it. But then I havn't fitted the
blower yet, either!

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC