Re: Oil-filter for P-L-K-N

To: "Gerhard Maier" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Oil-filter for P-L-K-N
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 06:31:04 +1000
Cc: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Gerhard,

How nice to see you on the MMM network & to have your great advice.

Regarding Oil Filters :-
I buy a good deal of items from Pegasus over the Web.  It is safe & they are
good & very helpful.  Address your queries to Bob pegasus@execpc.com. - tell
him, I sent you.

WE also use a Mercedes oil filter element.  We did find that we needed to
bore out the filter housing and also fitted a different base plate as some
one else mentioned.  But we maintain the top device, known as the relief
valve, completely in tact.  2 years ago the manufacturer stoped making these
elements  in Australia and they are now made in New Zealand.  We found that
the New Zealand filter elements are just a little larger in diameter.

I do not see that you will have any problems with removing the pressure
relief set up from the top of the filter as long as you change the filter
element regularly.  I change mine every 500 miles.

Costs.  The Pegasus element costs US$ 13.75 + shipping.
We pay about A$6.00 (at least they were that price when I last bought some)
which equals about US$3.00.  So if anyone needs them from Australia I would
be happy enough to arrange the posting.

Anyhow, hope you all had a really good Xmas.

Regards

Pip Bucknell
AUSTRALIA