Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>,
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:52:16 -0700
Gotta jump in here...

All Roadsters are desirable. Some are more rare than others (3-seat 1500's,
GENUINE
low-windshield, flat dash 2000's) but all are good. I actually kind of like
that fact that
my 2000 is one of the last of the line. I know that the smog equipment on the
late cars
may cause some problems, but there are ways around that (depending upon the
smog check
cutoff year is in your particular state). Also, knowing that the introduction
of the Z
killed the Roadster, ending production with the '70 model, helps remind me why
I dislike
Zs! ;^)

Gary McCormick
'70 2000 SRL311-13291
San Jose, CA

"Laury, Victor" wrote:

> >I've also been told the 70 1600 is the least desirable,
>
> You know, someone said that to me once. Funny thing was, it was a vendor.
> This Vendor was saying this IN FRONT OF 2 1970 roadster owners. I had to
> think, "That's not too smart". I've seen many a 70 with major money dropped
> into it. As a matter of fact, every time I pass my carport! I also know for
> a fact, that very same vendor would gladly provide a 1970 1600 owner with a
> $26,000.00 restoration! Less desirable? To whom? Mr Vendor, you better hope
> hope it's not less desirable to the owner! If it is, you just lost a
> customer.

///
///