Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: "datsun roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:45:23 -0500
Victor Laury wrote

>Pardon me, but wasn't the REAL issue the fact that this fellow is selling a
>car with the same VIN as a car just sold by Sid?
>
>That would make the entire car bogus no matter what the frame Number.
>
>And The FRAME number IS the true ID of any car. Doesn't matter what the body
>tag says. If the frame number is ground off the car is junk or hot or both.
>If the frame number matches the ID tag, so much the better, But, it's the
>Frame number that the paperwork follows.

On the one hand, I never was able to find the frame # until the engine
was out, the stamping was very shallow and there was tons of dirt and
crud covering it, so I doubt anyone had ever used it to identify the car.
 It's a 70 so the dash tag is the one most likely used.  The #s do match
BTW  :^).

On the other hand, after a nightmare scenario trying to register a Dodge
pickup because I didn't make sure the paperwork was in order when I
bought it, I  wouldn't wish that on anyone.

-Marc