Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:06:54 -0600
Why yes I do have a frame number (#26655) and the ID tag says (#18888).
It's licensed as 18888 too.    I saved this car and another from the crusher
after they sat outside in a field for 7 years... I kinda doubt anyone cares
if it was stolen or not anymore... they are coming back to life!   My theory
on the cars are...  26655 was a solid body, but they lost the title... 18888
was a rusted hulk, but had a good title...  It happens!    Of course, anyone
who wants to track down what happened to 26655, please go for it!  I'd love
to know what supposedly happened to that car.

You have a point though about potentially stolen cars and that's something
that all the clubs seem to be working on with our vast network and the great
registry at http://www.311s.org
And you forget about a thing on the East coast...  it's called R U S T.   It
likes to eat things like frames.   I have personally helped swap frames on
my dads '66 and plan to do the same on another '66 1600.   The frames were
rusted though, so they were replaced.

So... a 1500 grill is standard on a '67 1600, eh? (Of course I will accept
that the car appears to have a 1500 trunk on it?)   I think not!   How many
years have you been around roadsters?   My dad bought his '66 1600 in
1967... 1000 miles on the car and it's still VERY complete... funny it has a
1600 grill on it???   Guess that's just a glitch? and dads '67.5 1600 parts
car had a 1600 grill.   My wifes early '67 1600 also has a 1600 grill.  So
are my brothers '66 and '67 1600s.    I am storing a '66 1600 with a 1600
grill on it.   Every '65-'67.5 1600 I have EVER seen has had a 1600 grill on
it...  either I have seen a bunch of cars that have swapped over from 1600
grills to the 1500 grills, or you are about to eat a BUNCH of crow?    The
only time I have ever seen a 1500 grill on a roadster is, well, on a 1500..
oh yeah, and that 1500 grill on the "Dream Garage" poster... but that car
looked like a '70 1600?    :^P   31+ years of roadster insanity pays off big
time!

EF