Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125
From: "Mike V Taylor (Comcast)" <mikevtaylor@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:36:04 -0400
SM is also a very popular class in Detroit, where I autocross. I am
disappointed to hear that SM2 is possibly on the chopping block. My hope was
that SM would blossom into another SP with more than one class so that all
cars would not be thrown into one class with one another. For example,
currently a Civic is racing against Talons, Mustangs and Firebirds. On most
regional courses in this area, where the course is pretty tight and has no
real room to open it up some, a heavy RWD car is at a huge disadvantage. I
saw SM2 as a first step to get Miatas, MR2s, etc. into their own class, and
then possibly a SM3 for RWD cars with higher weights. If this does not
happen, I will keep trudging on for awhile in ESP with my '94 Firebird and
keep hoping for change.